"Just-in-Time" Strategic Sourcing & Recruitment
A shared services center for strategic sourcing and recruiting allows for nimble responses to fluctuating recruitment volumes. It also facilitates an ongoing build of specialty talent pools as well as active and passive candidate contacts so that quality candidates are in reach as soon as they are needed.
That’s why Hudson offers regional shared services centers for strategic sourcing and recruiting:
Hudson's Regional Shared Service Centers of Excellence
AMERICAS: Virtual Team offering English, French, Spanish and Portuguese services for sourcing and recruiting throughout the Americas.
ASIA PACIFIC: Melbourne, AU to support Australia and New Zealand; Shanghai & Guangzhou, China to support China, Hong Kong and Taiwan; Manila, Philippines to support South East Asia
EMEA: London & Edinburgh, UK Supports all EMEA accounts and offers support in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Polish, Danish and Swedish.
5 Functions Provided by the Shared Service Centers
- Sourcing Specialists: Support Onsite Recruitment Specialists with candidate sourcing and screening and building and maintaining talent pools.
- Recruitment Specialists: Provide 360-degree recruiters “on-demand” to work on special projects, to cover other recruiters’ leave time and to manage our clients’ peaks in hiring demand.
- Administration Support: When smaller solutions do not have dedicated administrative support they are assigned an Administration Assistant who is shared across a number of solutions. This role may assist with any of the following tasks: Setting up and tracking jobs in the ATS, uploading internet ads, scheduling interviews, sending out and receiving on-line reference checking forms, organizing background checks via third party providers, organizing psychometric assessments, issuing /ensuring receipt of letters of offer and other on-boarding activities in scope of the solution.
- Employer Branding Support: On-demand access to an employer branding expert for a defined period to undertake agreed scope of work. This ‘Brand Ambassador’ works across different accounts as needed.
- Technology, Reporting & Analytics: Access to a Technology, Reporting and Analytics expert to map the end to end recruitment process for a client, to design, configure and implement technology solutions and reporting suites, and to undertake analysis, reporting and benchmarking on behalf of a client.
Advantages of a centralized shared services center model:
- Move and deploy resources quickly against demand
- Create a strategic advantage by proactively building talent pools
- Utilize technology automation to network and send job alerts to passive candidates
- Filter candidates based on key parameters and skillsets for anticipated future needs
- Embrace the latest sourcing tools and techniques and use them daily
- Leverage job boards, social networks/clubs, alumni associations, internet sourcing tools, direct sourcing, and other approaches daily
- Incorporate competitive intelligence into your strategic sourcing strategies
- Reduce time-to-fill and costs associated with locating passive candidates
- Continuously improve via an ongoing review of efficiency and effectiveness
The Benefits of Including Sourcing Specialists in the Shared Service Model
Fundamentally, sourcing specialists and recruitment specialists have different skillsets. Sourcing specialists are great at finding, building, and cultivating candidate relationships. They build talent pools and have a comprehensive understanding of internet sourcing tactics in order to mine Internet candidate lists and source talent from competitors. In short, they are experts who spend 100% of their time focused on bringing creativity and proactivity to mining great talent.
Recruitment specialists on the other hand are best at building relationships with hiring managers, understanding their business and knowing what type of candidates work effectively within the business unit and organizational culture. They focus on ensuring the end-to-end process is carried out in an efficient and effective manner and that the hiring manager is kept informed at all times.
Once you have distinguished between the two, rewards for effectively leveraging sourcing specialists as well as recruiters in a centralized sourcing model can be significant.
Want to learn more about Hudson's Shared Service Centers? Click to contact us